Saturday, February 21, 2009

The five people you meet in heaven

This book by Mitch Albom starts of with the story of a man who is dying. It begins with words like "All endings are also beginnings. We just don't know it at the time..." The start is distinct and interesting. The story is about a man named Eddie, meeting five people in heaven. These are people who altered his life forever or whose lives were changed by him. These people reason out some of the happenings in Eddie's life and helps in finding the peace he is searching for.

I am strong believer of "everything that happens in life is for good and we just can't comprehend it when it happens..." When looked back at my life, I can now explain the reason for some of the events and some still remains unanswered. The author comforted me with the thought that they would be answered someday...

The writing of Albom is simple, but the content was definitely interesting and solaced me. His way of story telling is sentimental, but has some deep meaning in his thinking. This book is a short read and it cheered me.

No comments: